Another ride on the roller coaster!

Sean Patrick - born 12/28/08

Lilypie

Thursday, June 5, 2008

11w6d - Ultrasound Today

Hi all!

Today we had our 2nd ultrasound where they measured the nuchal translucency and took a blood test to see our risk of chromosomal trisomy. The dr said nuchal fold measured at 1.1 which he said was good. We won't know what our risk is until after the blood work is analyzed which will take about 7-10 days. We are going to schedule a CVS and we will probably go ahead and have it done as well. The technician first tried to do an external u/s, and boy my bladder was full. She even made a comment about it. But, because I have a retroverted uterus (tilted), they couldn't get near enough to see the neck for the test. I don't have any pics from this, but I'll post the video when I figure out how to convert it to the proper format. I must say, it was so nice to see the little heartbeat going pitter-patter!

So, now the fun part. The close pictures! These are from the internal u/s! I can't believe this is my body...kind of doesn't feel like I'm pregnant right now! The first pic has the head on the left and the abdomin on the R. You can see the little eye sockets, the nose bone:

The second one is with the head on the left again, but the mouth is open:

Wow - so cute!

Yikes, pg brain is starting to take over...I can't even remember what I wrote in the first paragraph without looking back at it! Too funny!

So the dr thinks we're having a girl...he said it like he was pretty sure, but I know that these kind of early guesses can be wrong. But, might be true - he is a specialist and is trained in taking very specific ultrasounds. Wow...no matter what, I thank God for blessing us thus far.

That's it for now. I must get some sleep for my long day tomorrow. Well, tomorrow is actually a shorter day for me since I worked longer on Tuesday. Then the weekend - LOVE the weekends!
Sending love and hugs to all!

xoxo Yo!

2 comments:

marymh said...

Yo!

Congratulations. Your baby is so beautiful, all round and cute and precious! I have to say that baby does look like a girl to me. ;)

You're so good about posting updates and pictures. Thanks so much for letting us share in this wonderful journey with you!!!

Look what you can do! You can grow a human being inside your womb. Amazing! And YOU are amazing.

Love,
Mary

Annie said...

Yo!! I am with the DR on the girl thing! You can totally see the "angle of the dangle" in that last ultrasound pic (I'm pretty sure at least) and I'd say it favors a girl!! :-) There's this website - I'll try to look for it and post it over on our bbc thread - that explains all about the angle of the dangle! SO excited for you!! Beautiful ultrasounds! xoxo Annie