Another ride on the roller coaster!

Sean Patrick - born 12/28/08

Lilypie

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

13w4d - Plans do change and WHERE is my energy?

Hi all!

Well, DH and I decided after getting our NT results (risk for Down's 1/1,781 and risk for trisomy 13 & 18 is 1/3021) that it really wasn't worth a risk of miscarriage as high as CVS, which is 1/200 - 1/250. We talked about it a lot and we feel good about our decision. We're still weighing the amnio option. CVS is a pretty invasive procedure and I would have been on bedrest for 24 hours and no heavy lifting for 4-5 days. AND, they said spotting is normal for 4-5 days. Boy, that would have really freaked me out. Decision made and done. YAY!

So, I felt very nauseous again this weekend, ugh. I really thought I was out of the woods when I had that WONDERFUL energy surge a week and a half ago. But, I have to remember it is NORMAL for it to faze out and to still have some bad days. My energy at my internship is still pretty good, but once I get home, I'm all tuckered out!

Internship is going great, and tomorrow will be a VERY busy day. I'll see many patients on my own and not have a ton of time for paperwork, so I might have to stay late. We'll see - I'll just do my best. I still really like my clinical instructor (CI). He now knows I'm PG, so it's pretty much out in the open now. Not everyone in the clinic knows, but I'm sure they'll know soon!

We told DH's parents this weekend and his older brother. They were super excited for us. They loved the u/s pics and videos. We'll be going up to Davis, CA to see them for the July Fourth weekend, and I know I'll be showing a lot more then. I'm already wearing some maternity pants, and some big, floofy tops. I think I might buy some more cute maternity stuff for the trip. Very exciting.

Other than that, just plodding along and I keep counting every day as a blessing. Sending special prayers to my bbc board for a nice BFP or 3.... Love to everyone!

xoxo Yo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... look at your belly grow! Congrats on the great NT test results. That's so great. If it were me, I would skip the amnio... since there's a risk of m/c... but do what you feel is best. Sorry about the waves of m/s. But soon you'll get that burst of energy for the rest of the trimester... until the third one hits! Hee hee! You're looking great! Lovies, holly