Another ride on the roller coaster!

Sean Patrick - born 12/28/08

Lilypie

Sunday, May 4, 2008

7w2d - Catching Up...

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted, but I've been so consumed with my comprehensive exams that I haven't really had time for much else. Don't ask me how I did on them...I am very hard on myself and NEVER think I do well on a test. I am praying I passed...they were REALLY hard. The good thing is...if I get all A's and 1 A- this semester, I'll graduate with honors. Interesting that I'm not sure how I did yet it is a strong possibility that I'll graduate with honors...ironic.

Okay, so here's the "drama" that happened last week. Okay, read this article...actually, you only need to read page 2 the first and second paragraph:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2008/04/23/chalked_up/index.html

Well, I am the "Yolande" she is referring to. I thought this person was my friend...although we don't talk that often, but I never knew she was going to trash me in her little "expose" novel. Okay, just so you can decide for yourself, here are two videos from 1986, the year she is talking about. One is of me and the other is of her. You decide if I have 10-15 lbs to lose:

Here is me winning the national floor championship in 1986:


Here is the video of Jennifer that she posts on her youtube site:


I'm told my DH and myself that I would wait until after comps to figure out if I wanted to respond to this insult. (DH has been so protective of me in all of this.) But, I don't think I'll do anything at this point. 1) I knew she was writing the book, 2) she never asked my permission to use my name in the book or refer to me, and 3) I feel sorry for her that, 25 years later she still has to put down other people to get resolution with her childhood. Her comments are unnecessary, and show exactly the kind of person she is, so I am not giving it a lot of credence.

I signed on to a popular gymnastics message board that I lurk, and all of the people there were basically trashing her and supporting me. I never post (and didn't for this), but people were very complimentary of me and my gymnastics, so I feel good. I think I'll just ignore it for now.

Okay, on to the pregnancy...I somehow made it through all my comp studying not feeling too bad. I was spending over 12 hours per day in the library for the last two weeks. I think I just told my brain to ignore everything. I tried my best to not get too stressed, but to study as much as possible. I went to bed around 9:30pm every night. I made it - can't even believe it. Weird, now that I don't have that same kind of focus, I definitely feel pregnant...and it is kicking my behind. I have trouble eating but force myself and am exhausted both after the exam on Friday as well as Sat and Sun. I did breakdown and POAS yesterday...my last FRER...yes, still VERY pg. I think I'm done POAS and temping now.

Exciting and scary part is now the first dr appt and u/s on Wednesday at 1pm. I'll post and let everyone know, but it is tough. DH and I have discussed it, and he keeps reassuring me that no matter what, we are super strong together and can get through anything. Hearing his reassurance helps me so much - I am grateful for his support.

Okay, well I think that's enough for today! I'll catch up more as I feel able to and not too fatigued. Thanks to everyone for the support and prayers. I don't think I could have made it this far without you all. All I can do is take one day at a time. Love to you all!

xoxo Yo!

5 comments:

M said...

Um yeah... I'm sure you could have lost 10-15 pounds if you would have CUT OFF A LIMB!! How sad that she still hasn't dealt with her issues. I loved watching your routine! You rocked my socks! I so admire that you are taking the higher road. I wouldn't be able to do that!

Congrats on making it through your exams!

I am SO excited for your appointment Wednesday! It is going to be beautiful!

Loves!
Monty

hollyli said...

Oh sure... lose 10-15 pounds... but where? Take of the leotard, shave your hair off, pull off your skin? Whatever! You'd be dead if you lost anymore weight. There is no way in heck that you're "elephant-like" or whatever she compared you as. BTW, loved your floor routine. Sorry that you stepped out of bounds. But I understand that you just learned the routine! And you totally surprised the announcers with your double back in a layout position. Was that planned... or were you going to do a tuck and changed it last minute? Hee hee hee! Also... you'd think that the other girl would have posted a better routine than the one she posted on youtube. Blah. She needs to learn out to really point her toes. That was annoying me to high heaven. You're such a wonderful person to take the high road. I'm like Monty says... I don't think I'd be able to do that.

Congrats on finishing the exams. I am sure you did outstanding!

Yea for still being pg! Woo hoo. I know it's hard to ditch the thermometer and the HPTs... but sometimes when you find yourself out of stuff to POAS with, you just have to go cold turkey. Can't wait to hear from your appt on Wednesday. You'll be fine and you'll be able to see LO's hb! Woo hoo! Lovies - Holly.

Mama Crochets said...

First off ...Wow!! What a great performance! I would have loved to do gymnastics, but never got the chance. I don't know what that chick was talking about because you look fantastic! Just do what you feel is right in this situation (which I think you've already done!) and don't pay any credence to her whining.

Glad you made it thru your exams in one piece! Good luck with your dr appt and let us know how things go!!

~Jessa

M said...

p.s. are you still that bend-y? ;)hee hee

Kraftychik said...

All I have to say is...you rocked on that floor exercise! Wish I could do that!! People are so immature & petty sometimes. Pretty silly after all this time to be hung up on something & having to put others down in order to make herself feel better.
Glad you made it through exams & the pregnancy is going well for you thus far. Love ya girlie!

~Ann