One more day until I try clomid. DH and I have been trying for 18 months, one miscarriage and one chemical pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, we've had a ton of fun, but sometimes, it feels like business more than pleasure.
So I saw the dr today for an ultrasound of my ovaries. They do this to make sure you don't have any cysts. If you do, clomid isn't a good choice because it helps to stimulate your ovaries, and overstimulation of cysts leads to larger cysts, which can be very painful and lead to temporary infertility. Well, mine were normal and she saw two developing follicles there - YAY! She gave me the prescription, and I was off. I am to take it on the evenings of cycle day 3-7. Cycle day three for me is tomorrow. I will be taking 50mg. There are varying medical opinions of what days to take clomid - some say day 5-9, some say day 3-7. I'm not sure what the difference is, so I'll just trust my dr's clinical experience. I really, really, really hope that this leads to pregnancy...I've longed for it for more than a year.
So, like my friend Jen, I will try to document every day that I take clomid. I'm not sure what to expect exactly because every woman is different. I might have hot flashes, ovarian pain, or other symptoms. I think it would be very weird to get a hot flash...I feel way too young to think about that yet. After all, I'm only 39...ha!
So DH will be on a trip to Las Vegas this weekend to watch March madness with his old fraternity brothers. This is a yearly trip and I'm so happy this working out that he can go and just relax. He really needs it. Plus, hopefully, he'll miss any hormonal happenings due to the clomid, which is good.
That's it for now. Hope everyone is doing great. Thanks for reading my blog!
Yo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment