Well, still pg and very happy about it! But, I have been more emotional and m/s lately. I still haven't vomited, but it's been close. The past few weeks I seem to have 2-3 days of heavy nausea, then it's better...just hoping I make it through my long internship days without puking! This is my schedule:
Mon - 7a-7p - 12 hours!
Tues - 7a-11a - 4 hours
Wed - 7a-7p - 12 hours!
Thurs - off
Fri - 7a-7p - 12 hours!
On one hand, it's nice I have 2 days during the week where I can schedule appts, but I think Mon-Wed might be tough. I know I can do it though and I'm so excited to get the opportunity to start working as a Physical Therapist. I can't believe I've graduated! Oh, which brings me to the next topic, graduation!
Love this picture - it's of my closest friends during our 3-year masters program. We studied so much together and I feel lucky to have found them as friends. Graduation was wonderful, but the day went so quickly. Plus, I had only had about 5 hours of sleep the night before and had to be up at 5am so we could get to graduation by 7am. Our professors sat with us during the ceremony and it was wonderful. Then we had our department celebration - here's a group picture with most of us:
Then we had a small family celebration with my 4 girls. We all made a dish and planned it together. It was such a great time to get to meet our families. 
We had this cake made that said, "Congratulations R.A.L.Y, MPTs" - the RALY is the 1st initial of each of our first names and the degree is Master of Physical Therapy. We talked about maybe opening up a private practice together one day after we've all had some time to get experience. So exciting.
Well, changing the subject, one thing that has been on my mind lately and I even had a vivid dream about it last night, was how much I miss my Mom. She passed away in 1993. I'm not someone who clings to "dates" (I don't need to think about her on Mother's Day or her birthday or the day she died) but I let myself feel her when it comes to me. I don't remember much of my dream, but I know it was about missing her. I think that's one of the reason I need my friends so much now that I'm pg - so I can ask questions I would have asked her. I do think she is with God and I hope she is ecstatic that I'm pregnant. She was a beautiful woman and loving mother. I miss her so much. I'm not one to linger on sadness though, but rather I try to celebrate the life she had and the legacy she left behind.
DH is amazing as always and has really helped me when I've been emotional or felt nauseous. We got lots of stuff done this weekend and had some fun too. Oh, and we've decided that we'll get the CVS testing done (chorionic villus sampling). We'll get the u/s that measures the nuchal fold with the blood test to see what our risk is first. If the risk is super low, we'll probably opt out of the CVS or amnio. We'll see what happens though. Because I'll be 40 when the baby is born, I'm at a higher risk to find chromosomal problems.
Okay, that's it for now. Sending my love to everyone for a happy and healthy Memorial Day weekend.
xoxo Yo!



2 comments:
Yo! You look beautiful and so radiant in your graduation pictures. Hee hee hee... we know why, too! ;)
As far as asking questions... I know your mom will talk to you in your dreams and heart. She'll be there to guide you in whatever you need. And we will always be there to help you, too... if she doesn't respond right away! ;)
Don't work too hard!
Lovies - Holly
Yo,
I know exactly what you're going through with thoughts of your mom. I went through the same thing with my first pregnancy. It's very natural to think of mom during such a major, maternal event.
I certainly felt my mom's presence during my pregnancy and I know you do too. Just know that she is watching you and protecting you and your beautiful child. She's very proud of you!
Love,
Mary
Post a Comment