Hi Everyone!
Okay, so I've had a few people to tell me to STOP my POAS and temperature taking addictions. I'm not sure I'm quite ready to quit cold turkey, but I figured I'd use today's blog to remind myself that there are other ways to convince myself I'm pregnant. Here's goes!
"I know I'm pregnant because..."
1. I almost threw up in the shower today.
2. I feel nauseous and shakey if I get too hungry.
3. DH looks at me with special "super secret" eyes.
4. God is with me and has a plan for me.
5. I've recently ate the BEST green beans EVER (really??? can green beans really be that good???)
6. I don't currently like the taste of chocolate (WHAT??? chocolate is a staple of my life)
7. I feel a "pressure" in my uterus area
8. My breasts are starting to hurt.
9. I've taken 15 urine pregnancy tests and 2 blood tests (oh, wait, I'm not supposed to use this one!)
10. I get up to urniate 2-3 times per night.
11. AF has not shown up yet.
As I mentioned before, I feel a bit like an alcoholic - the AA sayings apply to me right now, so I'm reminding myself to pay attention to the messages. (For those of you who don't know, I have had some people in my family who have been addicted to drugs or alcohol, so I know a lot about the 12 steps.) There are some messages that apply to me right now:
- Let Go and Let God
- One Day at a Time
And, I think it's time for me to say the AA serenity prayer...
God,
Grant me the courage to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can, and
The wisdom to know the difference.
I may not be perfect, but I can try to live by these words as much as possible. They are good messages.
The next hurdle is our u/s, which is on 4/28. Because I didn't ovulate on CD 14 but rather on CD 11, I'm not sure exactly what to expect as far as measurements. If you count from the first day of my LMP, I'll be at 43 days, which is 6w1d. If you count from when I O'd, it will put me at 6w3d or so. It's probably a little early for an u/s, but hopefully we'll see something. We're still so guarded as we've been down this path before and then it ended. (Although we've never made it far enough to have an u/s.) We're hoping and praying that this time our little bean is sticky and snuggly. No matter what though, the love DH and I have for each other is strong and that is worth everything in the world. And, I know I have a lof of people praying for me and it touches my heart. Thank you.
Hope everyone is doing great. Thanks for sharing my journey with me.
xoxo Yo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You have no idea how excited I am you are so nauseous already!! My Dr. said to take half a unisom tablet at night. Worked like a charm! And yes - you ARE PREGNANT!! Yippee!!! I was one that said to stop temping... but I recant that statement. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you POAS 300 more times!!
p.s. #3 is my favorite!
Loves!
Monty
Yo - I had my first u/s at 6w2d and they saw a little beating heart, so you may be able to see the heartbeat! As for the POAS and temp taking. I broke the POAS habit before I broke the temp taking. And every now and then I still take my temp. Old habits die hard. But soak it up! You're preggo! :) lovies, holly
Post a Comment