Hi Everyone!
Well, I haven't had time to post recently because all I have been doing is studying for my comp exams. I can't believe they start tomorrow. Funny story, yesterday, we (me and my 4 best friends in my program) went to see a professor during office hours to go over a particularly hard gait/prosthetics/orthotics exam. In the hall, we saw many of our other professors. ALL of them looked at us and said, "of all the people taking the comps, you all have the least to worry about." It was unanimous too...each professor said basically the same thing, that we would do fine knowing that all of us are very good students. It was nice to hear. Nonetheless, I'm still a bit stressed. I have been trying as much as possible to not stress because I know it is not good for me when I'm pregnant. I've done pretty well for the most part.
The only time I had a MAJOR breakdown was on Monday. It was super hot here on Sun and Mon. Our apartment gets super hot. We do have a room air conditioner in the bedroom, but it makes a lot of noise and it startled me when DH turned it off on Sun night. So, I ended up being up from 1-4am. I had to be up at 8am the next day for class, then was going to study after for the rest of the day. Our class went late, I was having some horrible abdominal gas pain and bloating and I could feel the tears coming. I tried to make it to my car so my friends wouldn't see me have a breakdown, but one of them followed me so I could give her a ride. Right next to my car I completely lost it. She was really nice and just said to let it out. I cried all the way to our next study location and pretty much got it out. It was the combo of 1) being super tired, 2) being an emotional pregnant woman, 3) not feeling very good, and 4) being stressed that I needed to study and how was I going to do it under these conditions. Well, that's the only time it happened, so that's good. I've tried to be as productive as possible without taking myself too seriously. The consequences are to great if I allow for that. I don't want to harm the precious baby growing within me. That is worth everything in the world.
Well, next Wednesday is my first OB appt and u/s. I'm excited and really scared at the same time. I've tried to envision it going really well, but there's this fear inside that it won't be. I keep trying to remind myself that it is in God's hands, and that he has a plan for me. That's all I can do right now. DH will be going with me, so I'm praying it will be exactly what we want to see. An amazing beating heart on a tiny little being.
That's all for now...I'll check in again this weekend after my comp exams. Wish me luck!
xoxo Yo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You are amazing! You are going to kick butt on your exams while growing a person! How cool is that? So excited for your ultra-sound! Keep imagining that tiny little beating heart! It's going to be a amazing!!
Thank you for being so supportive and caring!
Prayers and Love!
-Monty
good luck with comp exams! You will do great and then you can relax and have your u/s next week! (((HUGS))) to you. You are amazing, like monty says!
Post a Comment